Waterproofing without the chemicals.
- For years, jackets have gotten their waterproof coating from harmful petroflourinated compounds.
- When we created Nau, we knew we needed a better way to make jackets waterproof, but none existed. So we invented our own.
- Our PFC-free DWR has since become the industry standard for healthy, effective waterproofing.
- 100% free of PFCs
- Traces of PFCs have been found in every level of the food chain (including humans)
- PFCs are on the globally-recognized Restricted Substances Lists
Care for PFC-Free DWR
80% of clothing’s environmental impact comes from its care. So proper care is crucial.
- If your piece gets dirty, opt for spot treatment over washing. (If you need to wash it, always use cold water and tumble dry low.)
- Every few seasons, reapply Nikwax to maintain water repellency.
Learn More about our other fabrics
Made in a closed-loop manufacturing process
Give duvets and pillows a second life.
Tencel + Tencel Sun
From sustainably-managed eucalyptus trees.